Monday, November 24, 2008

Emergency Evacuation Device

Sara--This one's for you!
Every Monday morning I go to a meeting with the Sunshiners. They're the Chamber's ambassadors. I pretty much sit there for 30 minutes listening to them tell stories, or sing Happy Birthday, or vote on whether or not to throw candy during the parade (even after our 'legal council' advised against it!). Then the last minute of our meeting, I get up and tell them what ribbon cuttings or groundbreakings we have that week. It's all so thrilling. Anyways...as I was leaving this morning, I came across this sign. It is by far one of the funniest signs I've ever seen! I love that there's a guy pushing another on what looks like to be a stretcher down some stairs. Why doesn't it say, "In case of an emergency..." or "In case of elevator malfunction..." or "For wannabe EMT use only..." What would be even better was if there was an adjoining picture that showed what type of emergency to use this device for. I went to the website that's posted under the stairs, and it's some German website that gives you "Mountain Expertise 365 Days a Year." They apparently make chair lifts and aerial ropeways. Unless of course you're in the desert. :) Check it out! garaventa.com. This sign is like a two for one!

3 comments:

Sara Ann said...

Susi, That is so funny because before I even started reading I saw the sign and thought "What an awesome sign! HAHA!" Thanks for the shout out:)

leinani45 said...

lol... thats A-MAZ-ZAh-ZING!!! ;) funny how after all the sunshiner meetings you've been to, that you only noticed it now. :) AWESOME!

LUKE AND MONICA said...

What the heck! That is a hilarious sign. The best part is that someone actually bought it and put it up in a building. Love it!